ScanSource Communications' Solution Centre fully represents a complex network topology - starting with the infrastructure in the shape of cupboards and climate solutions, to network components such as switches, routers and VoIP systems and finally to security and identity appliances as well as various devices such as telephones, headsets and workstations.
The solution within the Solution Centre is fully functional and allows all of the configuration and administration possibilities that are available within a "real" convergent network. Up-to-date versions of complimentary products from all manufacturers within the ScanSource portfolio are productively introduced.
The ScanSource Communications Solution Center consists of:
- APC: ISX solution with 7 Racks incl. USV, cooling and management, Workstations for hands-on demos of integrated solutions and a seminar area - separated from the ISX by glass.
- Extreme Networks and Juniper Networks: Main components of the manufacturers from their latest portfolios. A core switch and various edge switches with and without PoE functionality.
- Avaya: voice/VoIP-solution and CTI & applications
- Juniper Networks: PoE-wireless solution in the 11a- and 11g-band, with access points, controllers und the Ringmaster-Tool
- GN & Plantronics: current Headset models for use in office and call centers, Bluetooth
- LifeSize: Video-Communication solutions
The Solution Center is permanently maintained and updated by ScanSource Services employees.
Advantages for resellers / manufacturers
Companies who would like to renew or add to their IT network expects their service providers to deliver a finished, fully functional complete solution. It should, of course, also integrate as much of the current system and its components as possible. Not an easy task for resellers since, nine times out of ten, they will find a mixture of various manufacturers and technologies being used by the company.
Whether as part of a project, for seminars or the introduction of products and solutions, resellers and manufacturers can use the ScanSource Solution Center in order to show their customers how the various components interact.